What is it?
At Hiscox, our charity cover has been specifically developed to protect against the risks and potential liabilities faced by UK charities, clubs and associations, their trustees and principals connected with the running of these organisations.
Trustees and professional liability
As a trustee, your client often has ultimate responsibility for the raising and investment of funds, and has to comply with the rules and regulations governing their sector. They are at risk of losing personal assets if an allegation is made against them.
Our standard policy is designed to cover the risks and potential liabilities of charities and their trustees in the UK and Ireland. It includes:
- cover for both trustees and their charity
- cover for the professional advice or services that the charity offers
- cover for costs associated with a wide range of regulatory and employment proceedings.
Property and business interruption
We also offer full ‘all risks’ cover against property damage, which means everything is included unless it is specifically excluded. This includes:
- full theft cover as standard; we don’t automatically require evidence of force and violence before paying a claim
- contents cover includes 25 cover extensions as standard providing specific cover for charitable activities
- business interruption to cover losses incurred from denial of access to the charity’s premises for example
- equipment breakdown cover (£5,000 / €6,500).
Public and product liability, and employers’ liability
Our liability cover reflects the high level of volunteers working for charities and dovetails perfectly with our commercial, trustees, professional and employment covers.
All documents for charities