This cover is provided on a “duty to defend” basis; for an explanation of how this works, please click here.
Estate and letting agents PI - wording (UK) – 5640 WD-PIP-UK-EST(4)
Estate and letting agents PI - wording (Ireland) – 9866 WD-PIP-IRE-EST(2)
Estate and letting agents PI - summary of cover (UK) – 10163 EST(1)
Estate and letting agents PI - summary of cover (Ireland) – 10173 EST(1)
All documents for estate and letting agents
Can't find what you're looking for? Visit our Document centre to find it >
What is covered
Our policy is tailored for estate and letting agents to cover:
- defence on a "duty to defend" basis (for more information, click here)
- negligence or a breach of duty of care: we cover your client’s business against giving bad advice such as underselling a property or arranging a tenancy agreement on the wrong basis
- privacy: if confidential information is misused we will cover your client, for example if property details are inadvertently passed on to a burglar
- rectification: putting right lost or damaged non-electronically held documents of a professional nature
- court attendance: we cover costs for your client or an employee of your client, required as part of a claim against them, to attend court up to a specified limit
- crisis containment: offers immediate and 24hr access to a specialist crisis management PR firm, up to a limit of £25,000 in costs.
A Hiscox professional indemnity policy also offers:
- competitive premiums
- flexible payment options including interest-free direct debit (saving up to 6% compared to some insurers)
- option to mix and match a range of other insurance covers to produce a tailored policy – this means your clients only pay for the exact protection they need
- your clients may also qualify for continuous cover – avoiding the need for annual proposal forms
- plain English wordings, making it easy to see exactly what is covered.