In an increasingly litigious environment, professional indemnity insurance is a necessary part of your clients’ business toolkit. Hiscox can provide cover for a wide range of professions right through from management consultants, to life coaches, environmental consultants, and even more unusual professions such as balloon modellers.
This cover is provided on a “duty to defend” basis; for an explanation of how this works, please click here.
Miscellaneous professions PI - wording (UK) – 5998 WD-PIP-UK-SP(4)
Miscellaneous professions PI - wording (Ireland) – 9860 WD-PIP-IRE-SP(2)
Miscellaneous professions PI - summary of cover (UK) – 10213 SP(1)
Miscellaneous professions PI - summary of cover (Ireland) – 10214 SP(1)
Miscellaneous professions PI - client brochure – 6832
All professional indemnity documents
Can't find what you're looking for? Visit our Document centre to find it >
What is covered
We provide, as standard:
- defence on a "duty to defend" basis (for more information, click here)
- negligence or breach of duty of care: we cover your clients against claims resulting from giving bad advice
- dishonesty: we cover for dishonest acts such as theft committed by your client’s employees, sub-contractors, or outsourcers
- rectification: we cover the costs of putting right lost or damaged non-electronically held documents, or data of a professional nature
- intellectual property: we cover your clients for using someone else’s intellectual property such as breach of copyright or trademark
- advertising: cover given for your clients own advertising in the event of a negligent misstatement for example
- computer virus: cover for negligent transmission of a virus
- court attendance: we cover costs for your client or one of their employees, required as part of a claim against them, to attend court up to a specified limit
- crisis containment: which offers immediate and 24hr access to a specialist crisis management PR firm, up to a limit of £25,000 in costs.
A Hiscox professional indemnity policy also offers:
- competitive premiums
- flexible payment options including interest-free direct debit (saving up to 6% compared to some insurers)
- option to mix and match a range of other insurance covers to produce a tailored policy – this means your clients only pay for the exact protection they need
- your clients may also qualify for continuous cover – avoiding the need for annual proposal forms
- plain English wordings, making it easy to see exactly what is covered.