Renovation and Extension Insurance
If you have a client embarking on building works to their property, it’s worth considering Hiscox Renovation and Extension Insurance, our new product for current and new 606 policy holders. As a market leading insurance protection for renovations and extensions to your clients’ home, works are insured for a set time period, allowing the 606 policy to continue uninterrupted once works have been completed.
It will give your clients the confidence that should the worst happen, their home, contents and materials are fully covered during major building works.
Embarking on home improvements is an exciting time for home owners, but few realise that there are usually implications for the cover provided by their home insurance. Building works can invalidate home insurance policies entirely, leaving your customers’ biggest asset potentially uninsured.
Renovation and Extension Insurance has been designed to meet the needs of customers carrying out larger building works projects to their home.
- Comprehensive insurance of major building works to 606 insured properties.
- A simple extension policy that will be removed once the works have been completed.
- All risks product.
For further information read our Renovation and Extension Insurance - Broker product guide
Who is it for?
For current and new Hiscox 606 Home Insurance customers.
- Continuity of cover with one insurer – no need to switch between insurers
- Renovation and Extension Insurance can be added as an extension to the current 606 policy, covering the home, contents and new building works
- For new customers, renovation and extension insurance can be added as an extension when purchasing the 606 Hiscox Home Insurance product and will cover the client’s home, possessions and new building works
- No gaps in cover and clarity in what is covered
- Policy can be in joint names with the contractor
- Cover provided for before, during and after the works have been completed
- A free post-works survey on request to assess the rebuild cost of your client’s home
- Straightforward wording
- You have the reassurance of dealing with your usual 606 underwriting contact
- Simple extension to the 606 policy that is removed once the works have been completed
- UK based claims team.
All of this, plus the usual 606 benefits
- Approved services - access to a range of approved product and service providers at specially negotiated discounted rates
- Client helplines - free access to a range of specialist helplines ranging from legal matters through to personal security advice and assistance, with access to 24hour helplines when travelling abroad
- Interest free direct debit offered for premiums over £5,000 or after customer’s third renewal with us.
What it covers
Hiscox Renovation and extension insurance is an all-risks product covering:
- Existing structure
- Contents in the home, in storage, or at another property
- Works in progress
- Plant and machinery
- Building materials
- Property owner's liability
- Alternative accommodation
- Non-negligent liabilities.
There is no need to notify us if contract works are under the value £100,000. Existing structure and liability are already covered as standard within the 606 Home Insurance Policy. However, if your client would like to receive the full cover provided by this product please contact your Regional Manager.
This summary of cover is illustrative only and should be read in conjunction with the full terms and conditions of a Hiscox policy.